Off Topic Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Retro, Vintage & Classic Forum' started by Bram, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Bram

Bram Active Member

Welcome to our all new Old Skool Department.

To get familiar with each other it would be great if you could drop a few lines about yourself.

As we are totally into the retro stuff please include your favorite era ( < 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s. 00s) in your introduction and anything you'd like to share to with us.

Of course it's always nice to know your age as on this site the older you are the more invaluable information and resources you possess :)

Welcome aboard guys and gals!

2. Knut Omdal Tveito

Hi all,

Some of you know me from before, but I'm 27 from Norway. So I guess I'm on the younger half of the group but I've been told I have an old soul.

According to Google my age is about 70, since it's always giving me ads for senior companionship, pocket watches and vintage cars.

I like anything old, especially cars, engines and carburetors. I also prefer anything mechanical over electric/electronic.

Thank you guys for such a great site!

See you around,
    Knut

Petra, Warren and Andrew Boerner like this.
  3. Petra

Petra Active Member

Welcome @Knut Omdal Tveito ! :) And you are not alone...I am 27 too (in my head at least! ;))

Knut Omdal Tveito likes this.
  4. Jim Brailsford

Jim Brailsford New Member

Hi. Jim calling :) I think there's something from every decade that I like from Glenn Miller music in the 40's right through to whatever I'm doing or playing/listening to now. I'm from Nottingham England but now live in Belfast Northern Ireland. I played my first video game in 1978 when my late Brother bought pong for the family at Christmas. We spent hours and hours and hours playing that bloody game lol! I still think my Mum has it somewhere. I've had Cancer, Heart Attack and nearly drowned in Canada last year, my Doctor says I'm a survivor lol. Anyway nice to meet you all.

Cheers

Jim

5. Petra

Petra Active Member

Welcome @Jim Brailsford! You are quitte the survivor indeed, my goodness! Hope it stays that way for many years to come!

6. Jim Brailsford

Jim Brailsford New Member

Thank you I'm 51 by the way so all of what you discuss in here are things I grew up with.

Andrew Boerner and Bram like this.
  7. Bram

Bram Active Member

8. Mane Goddard

Mane Goddard New Member

Hi!

I found this forum by an ad in Racedepartment, so here I am!
    Well, I'm 18 and I'm argentinian. I always liked the old things (Indeed, I'm doing a degree in history at the university).
    Regarding specifically what I like is the cinema from the 10s to the 50s or so. Another thing is motorsport, but classical. I love motorsport of my country from its beginning until about '40 or '50.
    Music I like since '60 until '80, but there are some classic songs that I like but they are isolated cases.

Great site! Cheers!

Bram likes this.
  9. Bram

Bram Active Member

Welcome @Mane Goddard! It has been a bit quiet here lately so its fabulous to have some new blood with a passion for old ;)

Mane Goddard likes this.