TV Happy Days

Discussion in 'Retro, Vintage & Classic Forum' started by Petra, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Petra

Petra Active Member

Sunday, Monday, Happy Days,
    Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Days,
    Thursday, Friday, Happy Days,
    The weekend comes, the cycle hums,
    Ready to race to you

From 1974 till 1984 Happy Days was a very popular sitcom about life in the fifties and sixties. Who doesn't know The Fonz, ladiesman and too cool for school with his catchphrase (H)eyyyy? Although the series revolved around The Cunningham family, especially son Richie, it proved that Arthur 'Fonzie' Fonzarelli was the most popular character of the show. It is to be expected from someone who has the power to get every type of machinery working by pounding it, for example the jukebox in Arnold's diner.

Happy Days actor Ron Howard, who played Richie Cunningham, is now a well known producer and director. Since he left the Happy Days cast in 1980 he directed numerous movies like Cocoon, Backdraft, A Beautiful Mind and his latest project Rush. He turned sixty last March.
    In my head he is still twenty.

ricky-cunningham.jpg

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    Rob and Marcel vd Aa like this.
  2. Bram

Bram Active Member

Everytime I see a jukebox I try the same trick as the Fonz, but it never works :)

When this TV show was last running must have been during college and I can't recall I've missed a single episode of it (should've been in the books instead :))